1. Featuring our assistive robotics development research theme: Researchers use robotics to improve mobility for children with physical disabilities. Edmonton Journal (August 4, 2016)
2. Featuring our robots for access to play research stream:
- “Robot play helps children with severe disabilities learn and develop”, Women and Children’s Health Research Institute (WCHRI) Newsletter, Tuesday, July 14, 2015
- “Science of Play: Professor and engineer Kim Adams uses robotics to help children with disabilties”, Stollery HEROES Winter 2016, “One to watch” section. By Shelley Newman
- Interview with CTV Alberta Prime time on July 21, 2016 aired August 11, 2016.
3. Lego Robots Make Math a Snap - featuring our robots for access to learning research stream:
- Edmonton Journal (Front page of the Saturday edition, January 29, 2011)
- Covered in other publications across the country, e.g., Vancouver sun, Ottawa – “U of A researchers let robots loose”
- Also carried by: City TV, Global TV, CBC-TV, Edmonton Sun
4. Komodo News – Year 1, Issue 6 – Tekla goes to Colombia – featuring work from our international assistive technology research theme.
5. “Hi-tech help has Cassandra talking in class” – featuring the work during my PhD
- Edmonton Journal (Front page, June 23, 2007)
- University of Alberta Express News, June 22, 2007 – Robotic toys enable disabled children
- Also carried by: Global Television News, CTV News, City TV, CBC News, Canada AM,CBC radio
6. Courage/Encouraged Campaign – to promote public awareness of Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital research activities
- One minute segment specifically on robots for academics research program, including two participants from previous research projects. Ran on CTV January to June, 2008